Friday, August 23, 2013

Inspirational Black Pepper

(fig.1) This, is the best representation of an evening with friends I've ever seen. 

You want an inspirational story?

Well here's one. Read on.

There's this new couple where I'm working. Ryno and Cecil. They are the cutest item I've ever seen since witnessing that pair of semi-angora kitties having an intercourse in the missionary position (call me a liar, the cats won't care)(no that's not gross that's cute)(three sets of parentheses, hah!).

A couple of weeks ago, I was diligently working on my very own version of an elaborate prank, hiding in the shadows of the utility closet, hoping to take a running jump at some clueless airhead- beloved colleague of mine when my T-Rex eyes noticed movement.

I leaped on a terrorized Cecil.
Leaping on people prior to knowing their name is to ice breaking what nuclear fission is to pest control and frankly, you feel pretty awkward after leveling a couple of cities just to reduce the giant moth population.

When my black eye finally resorbed, we became friends.

As all friends always do to seal a budding relationship, I offered them the unique opportunity to learn French bread baking at my home without having them crowd-fund the workshop via kickstarter.

The three of us logically ended up in my kitchen, our hands white with flour and chins wet with expecting drool.
All was going well when a curtain of gloom suddenly fell on our happy party. O rage, O despair, thy storm bearing clouds, the bite of thy frozen gale of disappointment… I was out of yeast!

For those who don't know, not including yeast in your bread is perfectly fine if you intend to bake a freezbee. Else, you still can swallow your enthusiasm along with a handful of raw flour and call it a day.

I could have done just that, but I'm not the kind of person easily brought down by the whim of my usually merciless fate.

"Do you guys want to know how to turn instant hot chocolate into an unforgettable event?"

[Cheers from the crowd, the Dalai Lama drops from a hovering helicopter, snatches the mic out of my hands while doing a backflip and says "Who gives a fuck, really?"]

Alright, no chocolate for you, Dalai Lama. Rino and Cecil did say yes. We proceeded.

Later, remembering that we were all video game addicts in a way or another, we spent the rest of the evening enjoying vintage titles, ending the night with Puyo Puyo (advertised as a puzzle game but, in reality, the ultimate tool to put any friendship to the test).

Out of all that, came one of the most amazing infographics I've been tagged in so far. Made specially as a keepsake for such a nice evening (fig.1).

Why is this inspiring?

- The Dalai Lama doing a backflip HAS to inspire you, somehow.
- A succession of mistakes turned into a succession of good moments is pretty awesome.
- You learned you can eat raw flour (although you can also eat rocks, what happens later is your problem).
- You can turn every occasion into a chance to feed a newly wed couple a highly potent aphrodisiac beverage. You're welcome.

You now MUST visit Cecil's illustrations blog and Ryno's creative portfolio. I will personally whip your buttocks with an angry bobcat if you don't.



More info, more cake and still no lemon at Without a Lemon's Facebook Page

Creative Commons License
Inspirational Black Pepper by Danny Hefer is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

Creative Commons License
Hot Chocolate Without A Lemon by Cecillia Hidayat is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment